Our application window for 2021 programs is closed. If you have questions regarding participating in a Fishing Experience, please fill out our inquiry form. You will then be added to our email notification list when our application window opens.
If you have questions regarding programming, or would like to be added to our email reminder list when our application is live, please email the Director of Programs, Saul Martinez.
Through outreach and strategic partnerships, Warriors & Quiet Waters Foundation (WQW) identifies individuals who can benefit from a WQW Fishing Experience (FX). Military service documents (i.e. DD 214s, disability ratings, etc), applications, and inquiries are thoroughly evaluated by our Director of Programs, Saul Martinez a former Army Infantryman and Purple Heart recipient, and Deputy Director of Programs, Audrey Chorak.
Fishing Experiences are hosted at Quiet Waters Ranch. Click below to tour the 112-acre property.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE APPLYING TO WQW:
- be a Post-9/11 combat veteran
- provide DD214 Member-4 copy and current photo (If the applicant is active duty, we will request other service documentation or contact current command as necessary).
- be committed to positive growth and learning.
- if you are a caregiver, we require the above information on your care recipient.
Selection for a WQW event is NOT GUARANTEED even if all program criteria are met. Selection is at WQW’s discretion and we appreciate your understanding.
- WQW has an active ZERO ALCOHOL policy on all FXs.
- WQW also has a SERVICE DOG acknowledgment and agreement that allows the dogs to go fishing with participants.
- Limited mobility/wheelchair-bound individuals are highly encouraged to apply. Our staff, guides, and volunteers are well-versed at accommodating various types of disabilities and conditions to ensure a positive and rewarding experience. Quiet Waters Ranch is also ADA compliant.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is a typical day during an FX?
What do we do during the week?
Do I get to keep the gear issued to me?
Is there an opportunity to return once I’ve participated in an FX?
Can I bring my Service Dog?