Our application window for 2021 programs is closed. If you have questions regarding participating in a Fishing Experience, please fill out our inquiry form. You will then be added to our email notification list when our application window opens.
Warriors & Quiet Waters foundation serves individuals who can benefit from a WQW Fishing Experience (FX). Military service documents (i.e. DD 214s, active duty service records), applications, and inquires are thoroughly evaluated by our Chief Program Officer, Saul Martinez, a former Army Infantryman and Purple Heart recipient, and Director of Programs, Audrey Chorak.
FXs are hosted at Quiet Waters Ranch
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE APPLYING TO WQW:
- be a Post-9/11 combat veteran
- provide DD214 Member-4 copy and current photo (If the applicant is active duty, we will request other service documentation or contact current command as necessary).
- be committed to positive growth and learning
- if you are a caregiver, we require the above information on your care recipient
Selection for a WQW FX is NOT GUARANTEED even if all program criteria are met. Selection is at WQW’s discretion and we appreciate your understanding.
- WQW programs are at no cost to the participant including paid for air travel to Montana, comfortable lodging and home-cooked meals, professional instruction and gear for fly fishing
- WQW has an active ZERO ALCOHOL policy on all FXs
- WQW also has a SERVICE DOG acknowledgment and agreement that allows the dogs to go fishing with participants
- Our staff, guides, and volunteers are well-versed at accommodating various types of disabilities and conditions (including those who are visually and audibly impaired) to ensure a positive and rewarding experience and are highly encouraged to apply. Quiet Waters Ranch is also ADA compliant.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is a typical day during an FX?
What do we do during the week?
Do I get to keep the gear issued to me?
Is there an opportunity to return once I’ve participated in an FX?
Can I bring my Service Dog?