Warrior InfoServing post-9/11 combat service members
OUR 2020 APPLICATION IS CLOSED
For further questions, please contact:
Director of Warrior Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Director of Warrior Services at email@example.com
Through outreach and strategic partnerships, Warriors and Quiet Waters Foundation (WQW) identifies individuals who can benefit from a WQW Fishing Experience (FX). Military service documents (i.e. DD 214s, disability ratings etc), applications, and inquiries are thoroughly evaluated by our Director of Warrior Services, Saul Martinez a former Army Infantryman and Purple Heart recipient, and Deputy Director of Warrior Services, Audrey Chorak.
Please read the following carefully before applying to WQW:
To be considered for selection, an applicant must:
- be a Post-9/11 combat veteran
- provide DD214 Member-4 copy and current photo (If the applicant is active duty, we will request other service documentation or contact current command as necessary).
- be committed to positive growth and learning.
- if you are a caregiver, we require the above information on your care recipient.
Selection for a WQW event is NOT GUARANTEED even if all program criteria are met. Selection is at WQW’s discretion and we appreciate your understanding.
- WQW has an active ZERO ALCOHOL policy on all FXs.
- WQW also has a SERVICE DOG acknowledgment and agreement.
- Limited mobility/wheelchair-bound individuals are highly encouraged to apply. Our staff, guides, and volunteers are well-versed at accommodating various types of disabilities and conditions to ensure a positive and rewarding experience. Quiet Waters Ranch is also ADA compliant.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long is a typical day during an FX?
What do we do during the week?
Do I get to keep the gear issued to me?
Is there an opportunity to return once I’ve participated in an FX?
YES! There are two ways that a warrior who truly embraces the objectives of the program can return once he or she has participated in a Solo FX.:
- The first way is as an alumni Companion. By fulfilling the role of Volunteer Companion, alumni support the experience of a fellow warrior in his/her first Solo FX.
- The second way is on a Couples FX for you and your spouse. You must be married to participate in a Couples FX.
- Warriors who attend a WQW Solo FX are not guaranteed an invitation to return for a Couples or other programs.