Warrior InfoServing post-9/11 combat and wounded service members
Please read the following carefully before applying to WQW:
WQW’s current program criteria requires applicants to:
- be a combat veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF), Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF), or Operation New Dawn (OND)
- be combat-wounded (including PTS and TBI) and/or identify how WQW’s program can benefit you (This may include but is not limited to Purple Heart recipients, confirmed combat-related disability ratings, and/or confirmed service records/decorations of combat experience)
- provide DD214 Member-4 copy at time of application or inquiry (If applicant is active duty, we will request other service documentation or contact current command as necessary).
- be committed to creating positive change in one’s life.
Selection for a WQW event is NOT GUARANTEED even if all suggested program criteria is met. Selection is at WQW’s discretion and we appreciate your understanding.
- WQW has an active ZERO ALCOHOL policy on all FXs.
- WQW also has a SERVICE DOG acknowledgement and agreement.
- Spouses and Caregivers: If you believe your partner/care recipient can benefit from a WQW FX and meets the above criteria, you may apply on his/her behalf.
- Limited mobility/wheelchair-bound individuals are highly encouraged to apply. Our staff, guides, and volunteers are experienced at accommodating various types of disabilities and conditions to ensure a positive and rewarding experience. Quiet Waters Ranch is also ADA compliant.
Our 2017 FX season application has closed. Please check back toward the end of this year for our 2018 season application.
Please direct any questions regarding the suggested placement criteria or participating in our program to the Director of Warrior Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long is a typical day during an FX?
What do we do during the week?
Do I get to keep the gear issued to me?
Is there an opportunity to return once I’ve participated in an FX?
- The first way is as an alumni Companion. By fulfilling the role of Volunteer Companion, alumni support the experience of a fellow warrior in his/her first Solo FX.
- The second way is on a Couples FX for you and your spouse. You must be married to participate in a Couples FX.
- Warriors who attend a WQW Solo FX are not guaranteed an invitation to return for a Couples or Alumni FX.
Can I bring my Service Dog?
**Airport travel with a service dog is at the responsibility of the handler. This includes contacting the specific airline/airport prior to travel with the service dog if necessary.