Warrior InfoServing post-9/11 combat service members
Through outreach and select strategic partnerships, Warriors and Quiet Waters Foundation (WQW) identifies individuals who can benefit most from a WQW Fishing Experience (FX). Military service documents (i.e. DD 214s, disability ratings etc), applications, and inquiries are thoroughly evaluated by our Director of Warrior Services, Saul Martinez who is a former Army Infantryman and Purple Heart recipient.
Please read the following carefully before applying to WQW:
WQW’s current program criteria requires applicants to:
- be a combat veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF), Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF), or Operation New Dawn (OND)
- be combat-wounded (including PTS and TBI) and/or identify how WQW’s program can benefit you (This may include but is not limited to Purple Heart recipients, confirmed combat-related disability ratings, and/or confirmed service records/decorations of combat experience)
- provide DD214 Member-4 copy at time of application or inquiry (If applicant is active duty, we will request other service documentation or contact current command as necessary).
- be committed to creating positive change in one’s life.
Selection for a WQW event is NOT GUARANTEED even if all suggested program criteria is met. Selection is at WQW’s discretion and we appreciate your understanding.
- WQW has an active ZERO ALCOHOL policy on all FXs.
- WQW also has a SERVICE DOG acknowledgement and agreement.
- Spouses and Caregivers: If you believe your partner/care recipient can benefit from a WQW FX and meets the above criteria, you may apply on his/her behalf.
- Limited mobility/wheelchair-bound individuals are highly encouraged to apply. Our staff, guides, and volunteers are experienced at accommodating various types of disabilities and conditions to ensure a positive and rewarding experience. Quiet Waters Ranch is also ADA compliant.
Our 2018 Program application is now closed. Please check back in mid-December for the 2019 application period to open.
Please direct any questions regarding the suggested placement criteria or participating in our program to one of the following:
Director of Warrior Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Director of Warrior Services at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long is a typical day during an FX?
What do we do during the week?
Do I get to keep the gear issued to me?
Is there an opportunity to return once I’ve participated in an FX?
- The first way is as an alumni Companion. By fulfilling the role of Volunteer Companion, alumni support the experience of a fellow warrior in his/her first Solo FX.
- The second way is on a Couples FX for you and your spouse. You must be married to participate in a Couples FX.
- Warriors who attend a WQW Solo FX are not guaranteed an invitation to return for a Couples or Alumni FX.